Wooden vs. Tiles: Picking the Right Flooring for Your Home
Aesthetically, without attractive flooring, the interior design of your home won’t come together correctly. There are a number of factors which you should consider when deciding on the type of flooring to use for your home.
- Cost plays a vital deciding role in every flooring purchase. Thankfully, most flooring options come in a wide range from low to high rates and everywhere in between.
- The durability of the material is also a main factor to consider. Flooring is a long-term investment, so you want to pick quality material built to last.
Below is a simple guide to navigating through the best flooring option for your home.
1. Wood flooring
Hardwood flooring is a luxurious flooring option that people often gravitate to when constructing a new house or deciding on flooring for a remodel.
Wood flooring provides an unmatched elegance to the home while not forsaking any of the quality and durability that the material provides.
These floors often come in strip, plank, and parquet varieties for installation purposes.
- Hardwood flooring is durable and long-lasting. If properly cared for, wood flooring can last up to a century. Regular sweeping accompanied by a good wood floor cleaner will provide proper care for these floors.
- Hardwood flooring increases the worth of your property. Because these floors tend to be highly sought after, people will happily pay more for a home with wooden flooring.
- There is a large variety of wooden floorings from which you can choose from. It’s available in different types of woods like oak, walnut, pine etc. and can be stained as per your requirement.
- Hardwood floors tend to be a more costly option. Depending on the wood, you will still see a range of prices, but they tend to be on the higher side.
- Wooden flooring is made of exactly that, wood. Therefore, it fluctuates as temperature changes creating the possibility of creaks and groans from your floors while you walk.
- Hardwood floors do require some upkeep. In order to keep the flooring scratch free and shining, occasional refurnish may be required which is an additional expense.
2. Tile flooring
Tile flooring is an option for the house owners looking for a versatile option that is both stain proof and stylish. Tile can provide a very clean look to the home and comes in a range of styles and colors.
- Most tile is stain proof due to a special protective material coating.
- Ceramic tiles, when properly installed and maintained can last up to 20 years.
- Tile doesn’t require much upkeep, but shiny ceramic tiles are especially low maintenance.
- Because it is carved out from natural stones, tile come in different shapes, sizes, and designs.
- One of the drawbacks of tile flooring is that it tends to get very cold during the winters.
- The installation procedure can be quite messy.
- Tile material is very heavy and can be quite fragile compared to a wooden plank.
While both have their own perks, it is a possibility you might prefer one over another as per your needs. If you want an expert’s advice then contact one of the best flooring service providers, the Absolute Flooring.