Increasing in demand over the years, tile flooring has become very popular with homeowners
because of its great value and benefits. Among the many advantages of tile flooring are
durability and maintenance. It can be installed just about anywhere without fear of damage
from water or stains. It also comes in a variety of colors, textures and patterns, allowing you to
mix and match for uniquely personalized looks. Whether it’s ceramic, porcelain, glass, cement,
marble, metal, granite, or any of the many types available, we’ve got you covered.
What are the different styles of tile?
There are many different styles of tiles to choose from, each with its own unique look and characteristics:
- Ceramic tile is made from clay and is fired at high temperatures to create a hard and durable surface. It comes in a variety of colors, sizes, and patterns, and is a popular choice for high-traffic areas.
- Porcelain tile is also made from clay, but it is fired at much higher temperatures than ceramic tile, which makes it denser, harder, very durable and more resistant to water. It is often used in commercial buildings and heavy traffic spaces, but is also a good fit for residential spaces.
- Glass tile is made from glass and is available in a wide range of colors, patterns, and sizes. It can be used to create a modern and sleek look, and is often used in backsplashes and as accent tiles rather than main flooring.
- Mosaic tiles are made up of small pieces of tile, usually ceramic or glass, arranged to create a pattern or image. Mosaic is available in many different styles and is often used to create a focal point or accent in a room.
- Stone tile is made from natural stone, such as granite, marble, slate, or travertine. It’s a durable and elegant option, suitable for floors and even walls.
- Cement tiles, also known as encaustic tiles, are made from a mixture of cement, sand, and pigments. They are often handcrafted, and known for their intricate patterns and bold colors. They are often used as a decorative accent in floors, walls, and backsplashes.
- Subway tile is a simple, classic style that is characterized by rectangular ceramic or glass tiles that are typically 3×6 inches in size. They are versatile and often used in bathrooms and kitchens.
Choosing the right style for your space depends on the intended location, the design style, and the overall aesthetic of the room. Contact our flooring experts today to get a quote and determine what style is best for you and your budget.
What are the benefits of a tile floor?
Tile flooring has many benefits that make it a popular choice among homeowners. Some of the main benefits of tile flooring include:
- Durability: Tile flooring is known for its resistance to wear and tear. It can withstand heavy foot traffic, as well as scratches, dents, and stains.
- Low maintenance: Tile flooring is easy to clean and maintain. It can be swept, mopped, or vacuumed to remove dirt and debris. It’s resistant to water and most household chemicals, making it ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, and other high-moisture areas.
- Customizable: Tile flooring is available in a wide variety of styles, colors, patterns, and sizes, so you can find a style that complements any decor.
- Longevity: Tile flooring can last for many years, even decades with proper care, which makes it a great, long-term investment for your home or business.
- Hygienic & Allergen-free: Tile is a non-porous surface, which means it doesn’t absorb liquids, bacteria, or other particles, making it a clean and safe choice.
- Eco-friendly: Many tile options are made from natural materials, such as clay or stone, which are renewable and sustainable resources.
- Cost-effective: Depending on the type of tile chosen, it can be a long-term, cost-effective option. Ceramic and porcelain tiles, for example, are relatively inexpensive, and they can be found at a range of price points.
It is a versatile and practical flooring choice that can work well in a variety of settings and add value to your home and function to your business. It’s a great way to achieve a beautiful, durable, and low-maintenance flooring.