Many people don’t understand the benefits of quality window treatments. There are many from increased
privacy to saving a few dollars on your electricity bills. But did you know that the structure of
your window treatments plays a huge role in how much light can enter a room? From light
filtering sheer drapes to black out shades, the variety and styles of treatments have
evolved far beyond simple drapes and blinds. Consider the possibilities with our incredible
selection of shades, draperies, shutters, and more for every room in your home or business.
Table of Contents
What does a window treatment consist of?
A window treatment is a way to cover and decorate a window to control light, privacy, and temperature. It typically consists of several components:
- The Hardware: This includes the rods, rings, brackets, and other hardware used to install the hanging mechanism.
- The Fabric or Material: This is the main component of the window treatment, it can be made of various materials such as sheer, silk, linen, cotton, and others, it can come in a variety of patterns, colors, and textures.
- The Treatment: “Treatment” refers to the type of window covering, such as curtains, drapes, shades, blinds, or shutters.
Curtains and drapes are made of fabric and hung on a rod or track.
Shades are made of fabric or other materials that can be raised or lowered to control the amount of light. Blinds are made of slats that can be opened or closed to control light and privacy. Shutters are solid panels usually made of wood or other durable materials that can be opened or closed for light and privacy control.
Decorating your window
There are many ways to design your window treatments to match your taste and style.
- Valance or Topper: This is a decorative top treatment that is hung above the window to hide the hardware and add a decorative element. Valances can be made of a variety of materials and can come in different shapes and styles to take the window design to the next level.
- Tiebacks or Holdbacks: These are cords or straps used to hold the curtains or drapes open, usually located at the side of the window, this is an optional addition.
- Trimmings, tassles, and other embellishments: These are the final touches that can add an extra level of style and elegance to the window treatment.
Treatments add an aesthetic appeal to a room. Many homeowners and business owners choose to combine several different treatments in one room to achieve the desired level of light control, privacy, and decor.
What is the most popular window treatment options today?
The popularity of different window coverings has varied over time with interior design trends, but it ultimately depends on your personal preference and how you want your home or business to feel.
Here are some of the most popular window coverings used today:
- Roller shades: Roller shades are simple and very popular. They can be raised or lowered to adjust the amount of light being let in. They are very customizable as we offer a wide range of materials, including natural fibers, fabric, and vinyl, and can be customized with patterns, colors, and different levels of transparency.
- Cellular shades: Also known as honeycomb shades, cellular shades are made of a series of connected pockets of air. They offer a good level of insulation, making them a good choice for energy efficiency. They also come in a wide range of colors and patterns, and can be ordered with different levels of transparency and light control.
- Roman shades: Roman shades are a type of window covering that are made of fabric that folds up when raised, similar to how an accordion folds. They are offered in many different styles, such as flat, hobbled, and cascading, and can be made of different materials like cotton, linen, and silk.
- Plantation shutters: Plantation shutters are wooden or synthetic window coverings that consist of louvers mounted on a frame. They are popular for their versatility, elegant, and traditional look, They are also practical and offer a high level of light and privacy control.
- Draperies: Drapes and curtains are traditional window coverings that can add elegance, visual interest, warmth, and softness to any room. They come in a wide variety of fabrics, patterns, and colors, and can be hung on a rod or track.
All these options have their benefits and are suitable for different interior design styles and functional needs.
Which window treatments are most affordable?
Some of the most affordable window treatments include curtains, window blinds, shades, and shutters. The cost of these treatments can vary depending on the size of your windows, the type of fabric or materials used, and the brand.
Our experts will help you choose the best treatment for your windows that matches your style and is within your budget.
Absolute Flooring offers high quality options like Blynco, Insoroll, Graber, and Hunter Douglas. Contact us today to determine which meets the specific needs of your space, such as privacy, light control, energy efficiency, insulation, decoration, and personal style.